Ask Your Question

Effect name? and How It can be done?

asked 2012-08-28 10:54:49 -0500

eyalmnm gravatar image

I have to produce an effect on an image which can be seen in the attached image. What is the name of this effect and how it can be done? This change done by moving a finger on the screen. Thanks, Eyalimage description

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2012-08-30 01:20:40 -0500

mrgloom gravatar image

updated 2012-08-30 01:46:08 -0500

I think you are talking about something like this? Moving Least Squares or Thin Plate Splines

also here some code for opencv

I think you can generate some map and then use remap.

edit flag offensive delete link more


How it can be done for android?

eyalmnm gravatar imageeyalmnm ( 2012-08-30 14:13:34 -0500 )edit

I don't work with android, but I think you can build OpenCV for android and then just use code for OpenCV.

mrgloom gravatar imagemrgloom ( 2012-08-31 00:55:26 -0500 )edit

I did not find a class or package which contians Thin-plate spline effect. Do you know where it hides? :-)

eyalmnm gravatar imageeyalmnm ( 2012-09-01 14:44:41 -0500 )edit

You will not find a package whick contains "Thin-plate spline effect", but you will find one with remap and some image transformations. Do not expect opencv to have functions to apply all kinds of pre-defined image effects. Opencv is more generic and provides functions for you to build your own custom effects.

Rui Marques gravatar imageRui Marques ( 2012-09-05 15:47:13 -0500 )edit

Question Tools

1 follower


Asked: 2012-08-28 10:54:49 -0500

Seen: 1,551 times

Last updated: Aug 30 '12